Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Free Indeed



As a little girl, I used to swing wild with abandon, every push of my legs back and forth, going higher and higher, with my hair whipping around my face.  It thrilled me to fly as high as the swing would allow, until the chain would slack and the force would pull me back in the opposite direction. I could have stayed on the swing all day long, never growing tired. 

Today, I don't have that same affection for the swing.  The limit of the chains, the awkwardness of the seat, reminds me of life, and how what I once thought was truly living and experiencing life, was simply being swung back and forth on a chain.  I had no idea there was a depth to life which was immensely more than anything ever I had ever experienced or known.

I can't say I know complete and total freedom in Jesus Christ, but I do know I am happier now than I ever was before. And it is a joy deeper and more fulfilling than I have ever known.

I want to share something the Lord showed me, as it unfolded in my mind with thoughts and pictures. Such still, sweet words that filled my heart. I saw a picture of a gate, with a lock, which represented the things being guarded that He was growing and developing within me.  The key to unlock the gate was for me to accurately see my own reflection in the mirror, through His eyes, not mine. 

I think most of us have a hard time seeing ourselves as we truly are, as our Father in heaven sees us.  I kept seeing all the flaws in myself in the mirror, and the gate would not open.  It wasn't until I saw the beauty He saw, that the gate swung wide open for me to walk in and experience the awe and beauty of the truth and vision the gate had guarded and held for me. There were many aspects to what I saw, but only one I think is worth elaborating on for others.

As I walked in, He showed me all of the words around me, labels spoken by others, and yet none were worthy of even a glance because they were not words He spoke about me.  As I looked down on myself, I saw the word ‘BROKEN’.  I told Him that word definitely described me and He sweetly laughed at me, and gave me an acronym for that word, and told me I was to identify with that instead.  (I wish I had the ability to artistically draw what I saw, but alas, that is not currently in my giftings.)  Here is the acronym...

Bold
Ready to Roar
On Fire
King's Daughter
Enticing
New Creation 

As I celebrate the death and resurrection of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, these words resound and resonate within me. They bring healing and make me whole.
May God continue to work with us all in crucifying our flesh, in accordance with His love and His word. 
May we know the joy of a child, swinging with abandon, and realize any limits imposed by chains can be broken, and have been broken, through the broken body of Jesus Christ, and His blood shed for us. His love for you, and for me, knows no bounds and knows no limits.  There is no love like one which lays its life down for another.  May we all remember that wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment