Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

Silver and Gold

As I say goodbye to 2017, and embrace 2018 with all my being, I'm reminded of the children's song "Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other's gold."  I believe that is a sweet reminder that precious things are ahead, and to not resist the changes, even though they are not what I was wanting.

This is my first year where I didn't get a verse from church to meditate on for my year.  I've always looked forward to that tradition, so it was with some heart hurt to realize I would need to go directly to the source for my verse this year.  Silly to say, and to type, and even more so to read, but it's where I was at!

The trendy thing this year seems to be a word from the Lord to focus on for the year.  I decided I didn't want a word, I wanted a verse.  I prayed and asked the Lord what He had for me this coming year to focus on and had the word "Intent" pressed upon my heart.

Let me reiterate, I didn't want a word, much less a word that didn't seem like an important word either.  Intent?  Already starting my New Year off feeling ungrateful.  How's that for a beloved child of God?!?  Ok, Lord.  Always Your way, and not mine anyways.  Why intent?  What do you want to show me?

I feel the grin of excitement radiating upon me, as He says that I'll find out as I seek Him in it over the course of this year.

That's a pretty awesome way to start the year, even if it's not what I wanted.  I'm telling you.  The Lord delights in showing me His way is not my way, and takes every opportunity to remind me of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment