Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

God has such a sense of humor

My husband and I are not at the same place with seeking God's heart, although he's encouraged me in my walk, he's been a bit slower in his.  A couple years ago, I cried out to God and asked Him why He called me to Him and not my husband.  The reason I asked this was because God was constantly showing me things that I needed to stop/start/modify and I was doing my best to be obedient, but my husband didn't appear to be going through that at all and I was offended that God was only working on me.  Even typing that, I can't help but laugh at how selfish my walk with God has been!  Anyways, even in my selfishness in asking that of God, He answered me.  I felt this sweet, soft, yet authoritative impression on my heart and mind that said "If I would have called your husband first, and he would have gotten offended with something, he would have left and you would have followed him.  By calling you first, you will be established in Me, and if your husband gets offended and leaves, it won't matter because you will have your own roots in Me."  I was very grateful that He answered that prayer because it was something that I was struggling with.

Now on to God's sense of humor...  My husband and I rarely read our bible together, even though it's something we both think would be a blessing for us to do.  Earlier this month, he was in a relatively good mood, so I brought out my bible and told him to ask God where we should start reading at.  He paused, you could tell that he wasn't wanting to it, but he prayed and asked God.  He heard "John 4:16".  After he told me the verse, he began telling me that he doesn't know if he's even hearing from God or what's him vs what's God, and I just told him that I know what he means.  I turn to John 4:16 and start laughing, and he's looking at me like I've lost my marbles.  I said "So you're not sure if that was God's voice that told you the verse huh?  Listen to this "Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here.". He was absolutely in awe, and just sat for a moment.  Then he laughed and said "Guess I can hear from Him just fine."  Yes sweety, we all can, we just normally don't want to even though we like to say we do =)
God does have a wonderful sense of humor!!!

Luke 11:9 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment