Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2023

God’s Peace or Mine

I want peace. I want peace in my mind, peace in my heart, and peace in my soul. I so value peace that I used to settle for a counterfeit peace. I never realized there was a difference between the peace of Christ in me, and just having peace myself, but I do now. 

Sometimes God’s peace would elude me and I’d have a single drink to usher it in, or mindlessly scroll through my phone, or avoid having conversations that needed to be had, simply to maintain this counterfeit peace that I had been able to create. What’s really sad is that I would then thank God for that false peace I had manufactured, attributing that to Him in my ignorance.

I want to have God’s definition of love and humility when I come before Him, not my own that I’ve painstakingly clung to in order to justify myself. I am so grateful for His loving correction, and the patience that He’s had for me as I learn how to follow Him, instead of going my own way, and trying to keep Him with me. The joy of my salvation should be evident in my life decisions that celebrate the walking out of it.

If I really love the Lord, why would I walk in opposition to Him, and think I love Him? What did Jesus mean when he said that those who love Him would obey Him? As one of my dear friends has reminded me recently, we need to know our place, and she wasn’t wrong.

No matter how wise we think we might be, His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are far above our thoughts. The only way we get to have a more fuller understanding of that is the relationship that we get to have with God the Father, Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit. 

If this sounds heavy and legalistic, then I have not written it with the love, mercy, and joy that it was intended to convey. The spirit of religion will always steal, kill, and destroy that which a relationship with Jesus has made possible. Thank you for coming to my TED talk 🤪 

No comments:

Post a Comment