Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

He Knows My Heart

It seems many times the Lord likes to use things in the natural realm to teach about things in the spiritual realm. If you think about it, it makes sense considering He created both.  He ought to be able to use one as an analogy for the other.  I digress, back on topic...

Our bedtime routine has our 3 older boys going to bed fifteen minutes apart from one another.  One of my boys consistently has the hardest time going to sleep and will normally use anything from needing water, a hug, tell us something, or needing prayer for something as a reason to get out of bed. Smart kid, let me tell you.  We have now cut down on all the above reasonings. He has been told he's not allowed to ask for prayer after bed, but can take his concerns directly to God himself.  

Tonight he got out of bed and told me he couldn't sleep (you know that whole 5 min of laying in bed awake is just torture) and asked me to wrap him up like a casserole.  I laughed and asked if he meant a tamale, he lifted it up his eyes to mine, smiled the sweetest smile, and gave a nod.  As I walked him back to bed and got him snug as a bug in rug/straightjacket, he softly told me thank you and slowly drifted off to sleep.

While walking out of his room the Lord gave me a quick recap of His love, how He gives good gifts, and how He knows my heart.  I came out to read Matthew 7:11 "if you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!", and reflect upon how the Lord searches my heart and knows me.  

It struck me that I need not be so concerned with my wording as I go to Him in prayer because He ALREADY KNOWS.  The prayer is just because He loves it when I spend time with Him, not because I'm telling Him information that is new.  I was placing a particular emphasis on what I prayed and how and was involving too much of my brain in the process.  So whether I say casserole and mean tamale, or some other misspeak, the Lord has me covered, He has already searched my heart. 

This shouldn't be such a revelation of sorts as He's the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, but it definitely spoke to my heart this evening.  He created me, He knows me, and He loves me.  He hears my heart when I pray and isn't waiting for the perfect wording to act on my behalf.  After all, He's the creator of this relationship and partnership with prayer. Ultimately it's His will that I'm hopefully praying for. Since you're not me, this may not even make sense, but this journey is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me.  Praise be to God, the King of kings, Lord of lords, giver of good gifts, and lover of my soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment